Why buy treated wood?
Treated wood consists of a micronized copper azole based preservative system. Benefits include:
- Effective protection against fungal decay and termite attack
- A lighter and more natural wood appearance
- Improved painting and staining qualities
- Better corrosion resistance for code-approved fasteners and hardware
- Approval for aluminum contact
- Warranty programs
- Building code compliance
In addition, Cedar Creek MicroPro® Pressure Treated Wood Products are an environmentally preferred product.
- It has been SCS Certified under SCS’s Environmentally Preferred Product (EPP) program based on Life-Cycle Assessment.
- The Micro-Pro® technology has been approved for points toward National Green Building Certification to the National Green Building Standard which means wood products treated with MicroPro technology are now eligible for more green building points than any other treated wood product in the market.
- It is UL GREENGUARD GOLD Certification, meeting stringent standards for low volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions and are suitable for use in schools, offices, and other sensitive environments.
Typical uses may include structural lumber including permanent wood foundations and building poles, sill plates, trim and fascia, framing, flooring, outdoor furniture, patios, decks, fencing, gazebos, trellises, rails, spindles, garden edging, landscaping structures and fresh water boat docks.