Cedar Creek Policies: Returns, Sales, & Credit
General Return Policy
- All returns require prior written authorization of our sales staff.
- Returns are accepted within 30 days of delivery.
- All returns are subject to inspection and approval by warehouse personnel. No credit will be given for materials that are not returned in saleable condition, and such material will not be shipped back to the customer. Original invoice numbers are required to process all returns.
- Customer is responsible for packaging all material properly for return transport to our facility. For composite Deckorators® decking accessories, customer is responsible for returning product to our facility.
- A minimum restocking fee of 30% (minimum $25) will be charged for all returns.
- Restocking fees may be waived on over-shipped inventories, subject to inspection as noted above. In accordance with National Lumber Grades Authority (NLGA) standards, lumber products are subject to a 5% allowance for grade, color, and surface quality variations.
- Claims for error or damage must be documented by the customer at the time of delivery and communicated in writing within 48 hours.
- With respect to products that are sold in a random length fashion, the tally being returned must reflect the original tally that was shipped.
Return Policy for Special Orders and Summit (formerly LX Pro) Products
- Special order specifications must be approved in advance by the customer in writing, at which time they become non-cancellable. Special orders are non-returnable.
- Returns of Summit (formerly called LX Pro) products:
- Must be factory packaged in full bundles (repackaging is not allowed).
- Are subject to a minimum restocking fee of 40% ($25 minimum).
- Are subject to all other return procedures, including non-returnable special orders (including custom color orders), proper wrapping during return transport, restocking fees and inspection. Materials that are not in saleable condition will be given no credit and will not be shipped back to the customer.
Other Sales Policies
- Installation or alteration of a product constitutes acceptance on the part of the user. We are not responsible for labor relating to removal or re-installation. Our potential responsibility is limited to replacement material for defective pieces only.
- If wrappers of salable merchandise are needed for orders of less than full units, the wrapping material will be invoiced to the customer.
- For any goods delivered via UPS, a service charge may apply and be added to the invoice.
- Lake States will not be liable for failure to perform any obligations under a sales order where such failure is a result of circumstances beyond our control. In no event will Cedar Creek be obligated to purchase material from others to enable us to deliver goods to our customer.
- New accounts to obtain credit must complete our original credit application and any applicable sales tax exemption certificates.
- Standard terms are 0.5% 10Prox11.
- Finance charges will be assessed on past due balances at a rate of 1.5% per month (18% per year). Finance charges are due and payable upon receipt of invoice or statement.
- Additional credit will not be extended when an account becomes past due, or when the credit limit is reached.
- Accounts that become 60 days past due must furnish us with current financial statements and a personal guarantee.
- A NSF check will immediately put a customer on a cash basis, and the customer will be subject to a $35 fee.
Cedar Creek reserves the right to make changes to these policies at any time. Revised December 2015