Some would have you believe that the responsible way to “Build Green” would be to eliminate all wood products. Reforestation and the harvest of trees has to remain in balance in order to maintain the long term success of our industry. Wood is a naturally renewable resource and consumes the least amount of energy in its production to become a building product. The performance of wood is indisputable and its natural characteristics are the reason why it has withstood the test of time. Performance and natural beauty, the “green” solution is real wood.
Cedar Creek has been a proponent for producing and distributing environmentally responsible products. Our treating and manufacturing facilities employ energy efficient and resource efficient practices that minimize /eliminate waste. We continue to search for products and practices that help to conserve and preserve our natural resources.
Expecting More. Doing More.
- Forestry is the most sustainable of all the primary industries that provide us with energy and materials – A ratio of more than twice the number of trees planted to trees harvested
- Trees are the only abundant, biodegradable and renewable global resource
- Wood is the only significant industrial raw material that can be produced while maintaining the natural system that generates it. Substituted products do not provide the same societal benefits as forests
Wood is Naturally Renewable
- Wood homes require less energy from extraction through maintenance and has less impact on global warming than the non-renewable alternatives
- Steel products originate from a mine & Plastics and Vinyl are derived from petroleum products. Take into account the energy used to produce and the impact of disposal at the end of its life cycle and it makes your “green” choice much more obvious!